Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Georgian Bay



If there's a destination on this trip it's Georgian Bay. I've read that this area is a magnet for Canadians in general and Toronto residents in particular. I've read about the 30,000 islands, the powdery white sand beaches, the place where the Canadian shield meets the big water. Today we arrived at Killbear Provincial Park right on Georgian Bay and its everything I imagined it would be. I write this from the day use area. Its right on a beach in a sheltered bay; my view has 5 or 6 boats anchored for the night and 20 or so islands. Earlier we took a short loop hike to an overlook that gave us our first real view of Georgian Bay. Breathtaking. Wine and cheese hour is about over and we'll soon start cooking supper and wait for the sunset. We are on the sunset side of the lake now. For the next 8 days our view to the lake is westward. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment